ISRAEL

ISRAEL
The Old City of Akko

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mile-High Pie

Theo's Restaurant in Cambridge, Ohio, is a home to the Mile-High pie. They are not talking about the elevation of the restaurant, it is the size of a slice of pie. While each slice isn't really a mile high, those pies are some of the thickest I've ever seen. I must confess. Diet or no Diet. I ate a slice of fresh peach pie that stood about four-inches high. My husband ordered the lemon meringue and I've never seen a pie that looked so tempting. You know the pies are something, when the waitress carries the pie to your table and all the customers say "oooh" as she walks by. There were so many varieties to choose from that I probably gained weight just reading the list. How can you decide between Fresh Strawberry, Black Raspberry or Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie with prices ranging from $1.95 to $2.50 slice?

While Theo's is famous for its pie, it is a good family restaurant with reasonable prices. Daily lunch specials run $5.95. For $4.25 you can get hot sliced beef served over mashed potatoes and smothered in rich gravy. That's a stick to your ribs meal.

Theo's is open for dinner, too. They serve between 500-1000 customers a day, most of them repeat visitors, so you know that many customers can't be wrong. I can't even imagine how many pies they make a day, because from the looks of the crowd when I was there, almost everyone was finishing off with a slice of Mile-High Pie.

Theo's Restaurant
632 Wheeling Ave
Cambridge, Ohio 43725
theo'srestaurant.us

No comments:

Post a Comment