ISRAEL

ISRAEL
The Old City of Akko

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lions, Tigers and Wolves

I'm getting frustrated with cyberspace. I've written twice about the wonderful time at I had The Wild Animal Sanctuary in Denver and the blog has disappeared into cyberspace. I hope someone sees it.

As I was saying, Denver's Wild Animal Sanctuary is a great place to visit, especially for families. When I was there two weeks ago, the hair stood up on the back of my neck. Wolves were pointing their noses skyward, howling and yipping at each other. Male lions were roaring and making low grunts and the tigers were following me with their eyes, and, I swear, they were licking their lips. I wasn't in any danger because I was either outside or walking above the animal habitats. To experience these animals up so close was exciting.

The Sanctuary is home to over 200 carnivores including bears. Most were confiscated by law enforcement agencies after they were found being kept illegally. The newest residents are 25 lions rescued from a circus in Bolivia. Game show host, Bob Barker, was instrumental in getting the lions transported and a new buildings and roaming area are being built.

This is not a breeding facility and all animals are neutered and will live out their lives here. Check our the Sanctuary at www.WildAnimalSanctuary.org.

See you tomorrow, Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment