ISRAEL

ISRAEL
The Old City of Akko

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Janet chips in!

Finally, with the help of my daughter-in -law, I am able to write on the blog. Grandma going techno is scary. 
I decided I couldn't. let Bernadette tell about all our fun without throwing in my two-cents worth.

I just got back from covering the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest.  What a great place!  The Methuselah Tree began growing before the Pyramids were built.  It is the oldest living thing on earth.

Bernadette had called me and warned me the air was thin at 11,500 feet and I'd thrown in an oxygen bottle.  By 9,500 feet, I was sucking on the air bottle.  At 10,000 feet, my husband, Richard, developed headache and nausea, sure signs of altitude sickness coming on, so I shared my oxygen.  We were like scuba divers sharing air.  Next, my poor little rental car made known that it would like some oxygen, too.  I told it, tough.  I'm paying for you and you have to go where I go even if it is a dirt road and 11,500 feet with the wind blowing.  Tomorrow I'll tell you what I discovered in Lone Pine, CA.

The article on Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest goes to the Las Vegas Review Journall today.  Will let you know when it comes out.  They have an online version so you can see the story and photos.

Grandma Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment